Disney has always plussed the guest experience with a wonderful variety of live entertainment around the parks. Epcot is perhaps unique in that it offers colorful selections from around the real world around the World Showcase!
Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Orange Loop. Today we are sharing some of the best live entertainment at the Disney Parks.
I’d like to share some of the live entertainment acts that I have seen around Epcot over the years. Just like the other attractions in the parks, these acts have come and gone in an ever-changing line-up of talent.
This was a 6-person Moroccan musical act that played in the Morocco Pavilion. The group was often accompanied by a belly dancer. Unfortunately, Disney decided to discontinue this act and it played for the last time on September 27th, 2014.
Sometimes this version of Mo’Rockin would be playing in the Morocco Pavilion.
Off Kilter is a high-energy Celtic rock band founded by Jamie Holton, bagpiper, in 1996. The band is a unique blend of traditional Celtic tunes and songs with a rock twist, popular covers arranged with a Celtic rock feel, and original songs. Instruments consist of bagpipes, Irish whistles, electric guitar, bass, fiddle, drums and vocals. The band played for 18 years as one of the most popular bands at Walt Disney World in Florida (Canadian Pavilion, Epcot), and currently tours the country performing at many different venues.
I wish I could remember which country these four entertainers represented! They were quite good.
So, I’ve shared acts that aren’t in Epcot anymore. I include them to show the variety of acts that have been offered over the years.
The official lineup now is as follows:
- British Revolution (English groups cover band)
- JAMMitors (Percussion group)
- Jeweled Dragon Acrobats (Chinese acrobatics)
- Mariachi Cobre (Mexican band)
- Matsuriza (Japanese drumming)
- Rose & Crown Pub Musician (Piano)
- Voices of Liberty (American vocal group)
- Wies N Buam (German Oomph band)
This is by no means an exhaustive list. You can check out this official Disney site for show times and other entertainment offered.
I hope this wets your appetite for live entertainment at Epcot!
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Orange | Best Live Entertainment at Disney Loop:
- 1st Stop – The Delightful Life | The Best (free!) Entertainment Secret at Walt Disney World
- 2nd Stop – My Dreams of Disney | Live Music Memories on Main Street, U.S.A.
- 3rd Stop – Cool Nouns | Epcot
- 4th Stop – Rolling with the Magic | Disney Date Night | Best Live Entertainment